Contest: The J. F. Powers Prize for Short Fiction sponsored by Dappled Things
- Description: We’re looking for carefully crafted short stories with vivid characters who encounter grace in everyday settings—we want to see who, in the age we live in, might have one foot in this world and one in the next.
- Requirements: No entrance fee. Open to all.
- Payoff: $500; publication in Dappled Things. Nine honorable mentions.
- Deadline: November 29, 2013
- More Info: https://dappledthings.submittable.com/submit/24212
Contest: The Elie Wiesel Foundation Prize in Ethics, Essay Contest 2014
- Description: What would education be without its ethical dimension? Many of us believe them to be inseparable.... While we suggest relevant topics each year, applicants are encouraged to choose any subject they feel strongly about, provided it is related to the domain of ethics.
- Requirements: Must be enrolled full-time as a junior or senior in a 4-year degree as of fall 2013. Faculty sponsor.
- Payoff: First prize $5000; four additional paid prizes. Winning students are eligible for an internship, and a chance for their essay to be published in a nationally recognized publication.
- Deadline: December 2, 2013
- More Info: http://eliewieselfoundation.org/prizeinethics.asp