The folks at Making Good (who have a vibrant Facebook presence here: https://www.facebook.com/makinggood) have a wonderfully direct question for you:
Where are you at in your job search? Here’s the link: http://50waystogetajob.com/.
You get nine simple, colorful tiles to click on, with these headings:
- Finding my Purpose
- Learning New Skills
- Applying for Jobs
Each tile takes you to smaller steps you can take to advance your job search. Each step gives you a bite-sized strategy or task you can complete. Some have links to other resources; some have templates for emails you can send to accomplish the goals described in the step; all have a brief discussion of what to do, and why it’s worth doing.
For example, under networking you get:
- Step 28: Map a network (and what that means).
- Step 29: Practice 4 different ways of introducing yourself.
- Step 30: Choose 3 events to attend.
- Step 31: Find your future boss.
- Step 32: List 20 people who are rethinking your industry.
- Step 33: Make a company list.