The Norton Anthology – the people who bring you volumes 1 through 5 of American literature in your survey course, and A through F – bring you their annual Student Recitation Contest!
- Deadline: March 23, 2015
- Prizes: Four prizes, $200 each—one for each option to recite a poem
- Choose one of these four poems:
William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116: “Let me not to the marriage of true minds”
Walt Whitman, “Beat! Beat! Drums!”
Phillis Wheatley, “To S.M., a Young African Painter, on Seeing His Works”
Emily Dickinson, “After great pain, a formal feeling comes”
- Each can be found in Norton’s anthologies.
- Submissions must be under 5 minutes long.
- Email a video link (such as YouTube).
- Supply: 1) Name of entrant; 2) Email address ; 3) Type of student (college or high school) ; 4) Name of school ; 5) Work recited.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @NortonAnthology.