You can find quotes about what percent of jobs are located by networking. Numbers vary... but they are always well above 50%. (Like, 75% or 80%.) So if you're churning away at online job-boards--why are your spending so much of your precious time on something with a far less frequent payout than networking?
Remember: one of the most valuable networking resources is one you've paid for with your tuition money: your Career Services center! Here is where you can find
- On-campus recruiting and career fairs
- Employer networking events
- Information about internships, speakers on campus, and other goodies
- College networks through LinkedIn, with prospective employers, industry groups and alumni
- Coaching and preparation for networking events tailored to your strengths and goals
Thanks and a tip of the Twitter hat to @blogging4jobs!