College of Arts & Sciences Resume Roundtable
Tues Nov, 12. 2013 • 2:30-4:00 PM • Bisgrove 350/351
Open to All Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences / Career Services / Human Resources Staff
- Dr. John Sauter, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs
- Robert Swanson, Director Career Services
- Stephanie Morris, Assistant Director of Career Services
- Amy Smith, Human Resources Information Systems Administrator
- Dr. Kalen Churcher (Communications, Liberal Arts), Background in human resources
- Dr. Jeanne Laurel (English, Humanities), “NU English: Getting a Life” career blog
- Dr. Mark Gallo (Biology/Life Sciences)
- Dr. Christopher Stoj (Biochemistry/Chemistry)
- Ron Winkley (Criminology & Criminal Justice), Former Lewiston Police Chief
- Dr. Craig Rivera (Criminology & Criminal Justice)
Additional Faculty and Staff will be participating in the Resume Speed Dating!
Resume Tips: What to do? What Not to Do?
- Tips on resume writing from Career Services and the panelists
- Conflicting advice is normal / Use critiques selectively for your benefit
Resume Speed Dating!
- Have your resume examined by the panelists.
- Bring resume copies (drafts are ok, but feedback may be better on polished versions)
- Contact Career Services (716) 286-8500 to get help with your resume draft if you need it.
- Resume Resource Handouts
- Career Planning for A&S Students: www.niagara.edu/ascareers