- Title: Public Relations / Communications Intern
- Internship Description: The Public Relations / Communications intern will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day activities required to execute the company’s public relations / communications strategic vision. These responsibilities will include drafting press materials to be distributed to local media outlets, monitoring press coverage, writing articles for internal distribution, taking photographs, maintaining internal websites, assisting with public relations events, as well as other administrative functions and tasks.
- Schedule: The hours and days are flexible, within a Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. work week. Weekends and some evenings may be required.
- Qualifications: Working toward a bachelor’s degree in communications and/or public relations, demonstrate an understanding of the principles of public relations, excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
And on the subject of internship, networking and more:
- Don't forget to check out the website that appears on, the Public Relations Society of America, Buffalo Chapter. It's a professional organization which you should look into for networking, professional development, events, and so on.
- If you're in the market for an internship in the area, check out the bulletin board immediately across the hall from my office, Dunleavy 352 (between Dr. Collington's Dunleavy 354 and Dr. Keller's 356... and yes, the numbers in Dunleavy are a bit disorganized.) That's where we pin the materials we receive, as they come in.
- The Career Services Office is the authoritative best place to shop for internships... in fact, Bob Swanson, the director, sent me this news. They may have interships up their sleeves that you will find nowhere else, along with savvy tips on how to get an intership, what to consider in accepting an internship, and how to "work" the opportunity to greatest advantage.