Here is an opportunity for students who are committed to Niagara University’s service learning program—a scholarship for making a commitment to serve for 300 hours over the course of a year. There are a number of informational events and meetings, and some personal contact information supplied if you cannot attend the meetings or would prefer to email and/or talk with someone directly.
Basic description: Niagara University is now a Campus Partner of the New York Campus Compact AmeriCorps Education Award Program. The program encourages students to SERVE their community, LEARN from their experience, and EARN an education award of $1,175.
How many available: Niagara University is looking for students to fill at least 10 volunteer slots.
Commitment, qualifications: Students are required to provide 300 hours of service over the course of a year in exchange for a scholarship. Any student can participate--undergraduate or graduate, fulltime or part-time.
Info tables to find out more: Information tables will be set up in lower level Gallagher Center
- Thursday, February 2nd from 11 am to 3 pm
- Monday, February 6th from 12 to 4 pm
- Wednesday, February 8th from 9 am to 1 pm
Meeting to find out more:
- Thursday, February 9th at 7 pm in the NUSGA conference room in lower level Gallagher.
You can also find out more here:
- Contact Dr. David Taylor or Adrienne Leibowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org